All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts…
From As You Like It by William Shakespeare
Welcome to our home. Your home. This is the inaugural post of The Feltner Group’s lifestyle blog. Our concierge realty service underscores our passion to find just the right house for our clients. We hope this blog will help transform your new house into a home. Please read along us as we post gracious living ideas and tips that you can use to make your exits and entrances! We want to play a part.
One of the best ways to establish yourself in a new neighborhood is to give a party! As summer takes its last gasps, we feature a backyard retirement party in Richmond, Virginia. The hostess worked with a patriotic color scheme; she used china and linens with varying degrees of red/white/blue. Mix and match was the design subtext; nothing was purchased specifically for the party. But it all worked together to give the appearance of a classic outdoor soiree that didn’t take itself too seriously. Here’s how to get the look:
- Find colors to build a theme
- For the party featured, the red/white/blue striped table umbrella was the initial inspiration.
- Use what you have.
- The china doesn’t match, but it does work. There was a color thread throughout all of the patterns.
- Look for design in unexpected
- Did you notice the white plates with an anchor design? They are from the Dollar Tree and the red-band chargers are by Kate Spade. Good design is everywhere; keep your eyes open.
- Plan out the evening.
- Start at the end and work back to the beginning. Develop a timeline for everything. Always light the candles just before guests arrive…illuminate the magic!
- Cook food ahead.
- The setting was elegant but the picnic menu kept things simple. Hot dogs and hamburgers were cooked several hours earlier and kept warm in the oven.
Start planning today for your next party. The holidays are coming!
The Feltner Group is a full-service real estate team that specializes in providing a concierge-level of service for all clients. Your home is the set where life’s big and small moments are staged. We can help find a house worthy of your memories.
Please click the subscribe button to have this blog sent to your inbox twice monthly.